Grease Hygiene Technician (GHT)
WHO IS IT FOR?
This course is aimed at those who are working in a supervisory or managerial role in the building engineering services grease extract hygiene industry.
The course consists of both theory and practical activities and delegates will be assessed across both.
The theory and practical exercises include:-
- Safe working practices
- The principles of kitchen grease extract systems and associated components
- Planning and preparing the work location
- Cleaning of kitchen grease extract systems and associated components
- Working sustainably
- Pre and post clean testing and reporting
The delegate will be trained and assessed on all of the above. They will be expected to plan and prepare the work location as well as provide supervision. They must insert access panels and clean kitchen grease extract systems and associated components. They must select the correct materials and methods and techniques to industry recognised standards as well as carry out minor on-site modifications. Understand and carry out pre & post clean testing and reporting as set out in TR/19.
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE DELEGATES WILL:
- have an understanding of health, safety & environmental issues within the workplace
- appreciate the importance of sustainable working
- have an understanding of the principles of kitchen grease extract systems and associated components
- know how to prepare the work location for cleaning activities to be carried out
- be able to select the correct materials, tools and equipment for the work activity
- have the ability to insert suitable access panels.
- have the ability to safely carry out the correct cleaning methods and techniques
- solve problems within scope of responsibility and that of others under their control
- appreciate the importance of leaving the work area clean and tidy
- work reliably & effectively and lead by example when supervising others
- understand and carry out pre & post clean testing & reporting
- appreciate the commercial implications of actions or omissions
An accredited Health & Safety Supervisor Training Certificate.
Multiple choice question paper
Practical assessment & professional discussion
- Cost £500.00+VAT – this cost includes accommodation for two nights in a local hotel, plus breakfast and lunch for three days.
- SKILL card certification £60.00 invoiced after training
HOW TO BOOK